Monday, October 23, 2006

This is my favorite time of the year for sports...

All four major sports are active and the World Series is in progress. Major League Baseball is my favorite sport followed closely by the NFL. I do love college football and will try to watch at least one Big 12 game every weekend. Basketball and hockey get little air time in my house until the playoffs or March Madness begin.

MLB - Detroit v. St.Louis in the WS is pure greatness. This year I'm rooting for Detroit, the much maligned Kenny Rogers and the perennial all star, gold glove, and future hall of famer Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez are two of my favorite Rangers from years past. With Pudge and Jim back together in Detroit I don't think the Cards have a chance. Pudge has had another great year and this year as he did in 2003 he's showing that he really can manage young pitchers, something many said he couldn't do when he played for the Rangers. The Cards have Pujols, but that's about it unless Edmonds and Rolen can step it up. It should be fun......

NFL - Dallas Cowboys! I love me some me, T.O. Owens is really funny. I love that the Cowboys are now on the Ticket, KTCK 1310am. The guys on the ticket are really funny when they make fun of the Cowboys especially the fake Jerry Jones. The Cowboys should beat the Giants tonight but you never know with NFL today.

It's really fun now that W. likes to say futball and baball. He even says touchdown and raises his arms. Holly and I were worried that he wouldn't like sports.......

No comments: