Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It's been a few days and here is the update on what has been going on!

A 10 year reunion...

So, it has been 10 years since I graduated from high school. I went to the Poteet High Homecoming football game. I don't know who had more fun, Wyatt watching the game or me watching Wyatt enjoy the game. He just loves Football. I ran into a few people I knew, a few I knew but didn't care to run into, and then a few that I didn't even know went to high school with me but had on the t-shirt for the Class of 1996 reunion. In case you are wondering, no I didn't partake in the purchase of the t-shirt. One friend in particular came and sat by us during the football game with his wife. We caught up on who we knew was where and what people were doing. It was quite interesting to hear. I didn't go to the reunion because of the location. I just didn't feel it was appropriate nor were any of my close friends going. We decided to meet for dinner at a later date. So, girls you didn't miss much and the Pirates lost to West Mesquite.















Our Fall Festival was at church a couple of weeks ago. Wyatt enjoyed fishing and picking up the baseball. He wore his cute lion costume. Thanks to my mom for finding it for us! He was the cutest little lion.

The stars at night are big and bright...deep in the heart of Texas....
We went to the Texas state fair. I've been going since high school. It is so much fun. I guess because you get to see the new cars coming out, visit the Food & Fiber building (for those Ag lovers), and eat a corny dog. We are teaching Wyatt at an early age.





Halloween Night
This night was fun! We went with our buddy Jayda! Her mommy and my mommy are friends. I went to the houses and rang the doorbell. This was my favorite part. I tried to give people my candy but they kept putting candy in my bucket. I just couldn't figure this part out. We walked the neighborhood and rang each neighbors door bell that had a light on. It was fun until I got tired of walking. Daddy carried me on his shoulders. When we got home mommy let me pick out any piece of candy I wanted to eat. I chose a sour apple sucker. It was yucky. I tried to wipe my tongue off but it didn't help. There were some kids that rang our doorbell too. I enjoyed giving them candy as long as they didn't have on a scary costume. Mommy took lots of pictures. I am not sure about visiting other people's houses but I like giving out candy at my house.






Our fall party was last weekend for church. We had a great time at the Bill Bates Pumpkin Patch in Selina. Even though we drove an hour & 20 minutes it was worth the drive for the fun we had watching Wyatt feed the animals and climb in the trees.





The month of November brought great news for the Texas Rangers. Wyatt is already dreaming of next season with the new coach, Ron Washington. However, the month of November also brought sadness for the Republican party as we lost control of the House. See you in 2 years...

6 comments:

jenny biz said...

Cute pics!! So when are we doing dinner????:)

Kayla said...

Wyatt in that lion costume and baseball bean bag are the cutest pictures ever!!! He is so adorable!!

jenny biz said...

Great pics!! So when are we doing dinner???:)

Carrie said...

Wyatt is adorable, I can't believe how much he continues to look like Chris. I know that he looks like you also Holly, I can't get over how big he is getting already. I love him in his jeans he is such the little gentlemen.

Traci said...

Holly-
Wyatt is so cute! I feel like I never get to see yall!

Good for you for not buying a t-shirt or going to the location of the reunion!

This is funny but it has been 10 years since I graduated college! I didn't realize you were so young!

Amber Smith said...

Holly-
Thanks so much for having us over the other night. Hospitality is definitely one of your gifts. We had a great time and loved seeing you guys! Love you!

Amber :)