Thursday, May 03, 2007

TODAY!

It was an emotional roller coaster! I took my students to the Rangers Ballpark on a field trip. I received a phone call that said I didn't get the AP position at one of the schools I had interviewed for. I wasn't too disappointed as my top pick was still lingering out there. I enjoyed the day with my students and Chris and Wyatt. They came on the field trip too. It was a fun day with them. I'll post pictures of Wyatt later. I got back to school and my principal did everything she could to avoid me. I knew it wasn't good....and I was frustrated. So, I packed up 6 cabinets and 2 bookshelves in my room of stuff that I wanted to bring home and had students helping me take it to my car. The secretary came out and my principal came out wandering what I was doing. I simply said taking a few things home. I was done and went back to my room. At 2:30 here comes my principal and asks me to come to the office. We sit down and she starts asking me about this other school. I just knew she was bracing me for a huge let down. I begin explaining and in walks the principal of the school that I really wanted to go to with a huge bouquet of red roses in this beautiful arrangement. I jumped up and started screaming, "She picked me! She picked me!" I have been recommended for the assistant principal position at Floyd Elementary in Mesquite. I am very excited! I have to meet with the superintendent next week and then be confirmed at the board meeting. Thanks for all of your prayers. God has placed me at a wonderful school where I know I can be an example for him.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

YEA!!!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you and for your students next year!!! What a wonderful way to end the day :)

Kayla said...

I am so excited to hear this news! I will be praying for you in your new position. God certainly has plans for you.

Nicole said...

Congratulations! I hope that you love your new school home!

Amber Smith said...

That is SUCH good news! I know you'll do great! What a blessing!

Amy said...

Waahoo!!! That's great news, Holly. congrats!

Erica said...

I am so glad that you are going to be at a school that sounds almost as wonderful as you! Yeah!! What a wonderful answered prayer. Love ya!