Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chris and I had a great weekend in Abilene. We went to ACU's Sing Song performance. We hadn't been back since I graduated. This time though, I attended in regular clothes rather than a Minnie Mouse costume. We stayed with the Beard's. They are such great friends. We always have a nice time with them. Erica had been blessed by God with the gift of hospitality and Cary is always so thoughtful. We each enjoyed our weekend of adult time!

Wyatt spent the weekend at Granny & Gramps house. He loves to go over there because he always gets to go to the barn and pet ZaZa otherwise known as Zack. Our pony, Zack, has been around for many years. He is 28 and still hanging in there. He is on his 2nd generation of riders! Wyatt had a great time.

On Monday, I took Wyatt to the Doctor. He has an ear infection is both ears and maybe that is our answer as to why he has not been sleeping through the night. He seems to be responding to the medicine and should be better in a few days!

Today was the Writing TAKS for my 4th graders. I just hate the pressure that is put on teachers and students. I believe there should be some form of accountability but when you have your smartest child still at school at 4:45pm frustrated there is something that is not right about the situation. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY proud of each of my students and I know they all did their best. I just wish there could be some other way. In reflecting on today, I tell my students that they should end their writing with a "truism" otherwise known as a saying. So here is mine for today and my students favorite..."All is well that ends well."

1 comment:

Sarah B said...

I am glad your day of TAKS is over! I know what you mean about it seeming a little over the top! My mom's last kid was done at 7:24 pm! That is way to long of a day for a child or teacher! I am dreading when MaKieley has to take it next year!
We are praying for Chris' job search! I know God will provide him with what is best for all of you!
Love to the Grubbs!!!