Wednesday, February 07, 2007

February -

It's has been a long time coming. I know...I have had people tell me to blog, but the honest truth is that our life has been well crazy and every moment is spent and this was a last priority. So, I'll start from today. That is what I do in scrapbooking and blog till I get caught up. :) Hugs to you all.

Christmas was a blessing. Chris learned how to make DVD's. I was really proud of him. He made one of Wyatt's christmas. It was special. We didn't go anywhere this Christmas. We just stayed home and relaxed.

January - Wyatt turned 2. We had a family train party. Wyatt just loves trains. He likes to say woo woo! Just adorable. He also goes to the potty every morning when he gets up and every night when he goes to bed. Then we do a hiney dance. It is just too cute! Something I probably should not have started but oh well. We are going potty! He still loves Mexican food. It is his absolute favorite. He would eat rice and beans at every meal if I let him. He still doesn't talk very much verbally but his signing is amazing. A couple of days ago, he signed excuse me. I was really proud of him. He'll be talking in complete sentences when he gets ready.

School has been hard. My teaching partner was 19 weeks pregnant and lost her baby. So, it has been difficult. Please pray for her and her family.

This past weekend, we had a lady's retreat at our church. It was just amazing. What a blessing to be revitalized in the Lord. I feel like I had a spa for my "mind, body, and soul." This is a great thing because that was the theme. I roomed with my good friend, Rebecca, and we enjoyed a quiet girls time. How special! Maybe the best part was sleeping soundly without interruptions from a little one!

We had our bathrooms tiled this week. This is something that we have always wanted to do, but just never took the time. I also repainted the hall bathroom from red to a brown color. It is more neutral and looks better with the decor of our home. For those of you thinking about painting red it is not on my recommendation list. So, the bathroom is almost finished. Chris has to paint the ceiling edges and add a few touch-ups and it is complete. We are having the carpets cleaned tomorrow and the house cleaned on Friday. So by Friday night, I will have a clean house!

I have also learned how to use a chocolate fountain. I am using it at a shower that I am having at my house this weekend. (Thus having the cleaning of the carpet and house) I'll let you know how the shower goes. :)

Chris also signed up to be on the voluntary layoff at Sprint. We will find out on Feb. 13th if he is granted the layoff. It is possible that they will not let him go, because of his intellectual property. He has been with Sprint 11 years. We just feel that God has a plan for his life, and I know he is ready to do something different. Please pray that God will place him where he needs him and open the doors where God can use him for his service.


Well, lots of random happenings...but that is the update! I'll try to do better blog friends!

6 comments:

The French Connection said...

I just found your blog by visiting others. I'm so glad! Thank you for the sweet words of encouragement. You always make me smile. I look forward to getting to come over on Saturday for the shower. See you then!

Sarah B said...

I cannot believe Wyatt is 2! He is such a cutie! Congrats on the potty situation! That can be a tough one!
We will keep Chris' work situation in our prayers along with your co-teacher and her family!
Glad to see everything is going so well for the three of you!

Amber Smith said...

We will pray for you guys as you wait on God's direction for Chris' job. We miss you!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Yeah!! Holly has a blog update! :) I am so glad to get a little bit more caught up on what is going on with you guys. I have been praying since we had our short conversation at the retreat...it was so good just to see you and share in the uplifting retreat. It was so good! We will be praying for Chris and for the Lord's direction in his work.

And, I'm looking very forward to Saturday! I know your work will pay off and the shower will be so much fun...and so pretty too!

(Oh, and let me know if you need my chocolate fountain!)

MereMoore said...

holly-found your blog today! hope the shower went well-sorry to miss it-i was so looking forward to celebrating with kelly! didn't want to give anyone the stomach virus though! love all of your pictures!

Erica said...

I am glad that you finally gave us an update:) We are looking forward to spending some time with you and Chris this weekend. Since we will be "kid Free" we can go crazy, right? Love ya!